Meme mashup

Seems to be a meme-theme lately 🙂  

As you probably know, a meme is a game of tag, where someone tags you for a theme, and you pass the tag along to other blogs.

Liz Davis and Diane Cordell have both tapped me for a “Blogs that Make Me Think” award.  And not to sound like a cliche, but I’m honored because I admire both of their work.

I must say that if I could give a “shout-out” to education bloggers in general, I would.  So many of you inspire me, make me think, challenge my thinking, and lead me to new resources.   But since I have to pick a few, I’m going to pick outside of the box a little, and mention blogs that always get me thinking in new directions.

thinkingbloggerpf8.jpg

The Education Business Blog  — Lee Wilson is a publishing consultant who is very tapped into how web 2.0 tools are changing publishing. (caveat–He’s also a parent in our district, which I only discovered AFTER we found each other’s blogs.)

Beyond School –I’m sure Clay has already been tapped but his energy and dedication to “unschooling” school is amazing.

Presentation Zen — Garr Reynold’s blog has amazing insights into the zen of good design;  always challenges my thinking and inspires me.

Seth Godin’s blog — Always makes me think about how to market our library better and how to always keep our customers/students at the forefront of my thinking.

A blogger I rediscovered last weekend during the Colorado Learning 2.0 was Dan Maas, the CIO of Littleton Public Schools.  Though I wish the blog was in a more typical blog-like format, he has some great insights to offer.  And I admire the leadership step he’s taken in his district to become a blogger.

And even though this is more than five, I wanted to tag two bloggers that make me think, but also are very encouraging.  I think it’s really important too–to encourage new bloggers who are reflecting on their practices and to welcome them into the network.

Dangerously Irrelevant — Scott’s blog inspires us to think about the systems in education; how we can lead more effectively, and what works. 

Blue Skunk Blog —  Doug Johnson is a true leader in the library field, and helps us examine best practices, ask good questions, and think outside the box.

So, I’m passing this along:

The rules are:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote
In addition there is a note: “Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all – blogs that really get you thinking! ”