What’s on your bookshelf?

books-006.jpg

Ethan Bodnar (a blogging high school senior) has a clever request for people to share photos of what’s on their bookshelves.

He’s created a flickr group for readers to post a photograph of some of their books as a way to illustrate something about themselves.   What a great project for students as well!

To help him get started, I’m tagging a few of you to share what’s on your bookshelf.   I agree with Ethan that it’s a great way to get to know more about people.

So here’s a shout out to Clay, Kim, Margie, Joyce, Christian(who introduced me to Ethan via his blog), and Diane to share what they are reading!   And I hope others of you feel free to leap in on Ethan’s project–I think it’d be terrific to have some students participate!

(My photo above includes some of the books I’m currently reading, but I have to confess, I also have a teetering stack by my bedside of books I’m dipping in and out of. )

5 thoughts on “What’s on your bookshelf?

1. Wow! Carolyn, you are like a mind reader! I’ve had a post in my “drafts” on this topic for a few weeks now (I even titled the post “The Bookshelf”)…

I keep thinking about it, but never seem to finish it – I guess I better get it going 🙂 And, now that I have a new list of books that I need to read from the Learning 2.0 Conference, I have to add those to my list too. Thanks for re-inspiring me to finish off this post 🙂

2. Oh goodness. I lost my digital camera on May 5 (my birthday) on a subway in Seoul, and haven’t got around to buying another. So I’m not sure how soon I can do this one 🙁

But I love the idea 🙂 And I love that Ethan is letting himself be an adult on equal footing with us other adults. How cool is that?

3. Carolyn,

Thanks for reminding me – I meant to do it. Now I have two photos in Ethan’s photo group.

It was a great idea, and I told him so.

Diane