Social networking with Powerpoint??

Ok, this concept blows my mind.  

slideshare-logo.gif  Slide Share is a site where people can upload their powerpoint presentations.  BUT  it is also a “social networking” site because other people can view and comment on the powerpoints that are posted.

Talk about changing an experience for your class from a student   having audience of 25 in your classroom to having a worldwide audience!

http://slideshare.net/

I’m thinking of all the possibilities for teachers….    Students could upload  their projects here and comment on other students’ projects.    Teachers could find presentations on topics that they could watch and possibly share with their class.

A note about “tags” ——This next part is VERY geeky so IGNORE this part if you have no idea what I am talking about!   Slideshare uses tags which each user creates to describe their project–it’s like a subject heading.  It seems to me to use this site well with a class, you would want to create a specific tag for your class project, like HSAlgebra or something specific so all the student powerpoints could easily be located.   One problem with using these tags which each user creates is there isn’t much consistency.  I think if you are using it for education you should always put k12 or HS in your tag so it makes that clear. —

End of geek moment.

So, check out Slideshare and if you like, share your ideas about how it could be used!