Upcoming workshops at TCEA conference

I’ll be presenting all this week at the Texas Computer Educator Association conference in Austin (as well as learning at Tuesday’s Edubloggercon and other sessions!)

If you are interested in following along here are the presentation topics and times:

Tuesday, 1:30 – 2:14   Twitterlution:  Changing Advocacy
I’ll be talking Twitter, and its role in revolutions, and as Diane Cordell says, contributions and evolutions, as well, and how we can apply lessons learned to education.

Wednesday 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.   How To:  live blogging class discussions
We’ll talk about different tools for live blogging in the classroom (or other venues) like Chatzy, CoveritLive, TalktoMe, etc.

Thursday 9:15 – 10:15   iPads in the Library
I’ll be covering several methods of implementation of iPads in libraries, from learning stations, to e-readers, to 1:1 adoptions.

Thursday 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.  Library Design
This session is more interactive and takes place in the Web 2.0 area (They’ve moved it to a Ballroom if you have been there before).    We’ll talk about how to be “anthropologists” and listen to our students, how purpose enters into good library design, how technology changes that, talk examples, and do some brainstorming.

Hope to see some of you there!  If not, after the conference, I’ll be posting summaries and links to session information!