Photostory

I feel like someone arriving late to the party when I saw this teacher’s post on what her students did with Photostory.   For some reason, I just didn’t fully get all of the curricular applications of Photostory (which by the way, is installed in our computer labs).

Students created Photostory presentations of their interpretation of Romanticism, incorporating art, music and poetry.   It’s similar to using Powerpoint, but it’s refreshing to see a different software being used because it does create a different and more active feel to the final product.   This has great applications for a library research assignment.   (Thanks to Karl Fisch for sharing this on his blog at Arapahoe High School.)

Are any of you using Photostory and can share what your students have done?  Can you see applications for this in your class?

One thought on “Photostory

1. Wow. Impressive photostories! I appreciate the fact that the teacher allowed students to not only convey with images but to pick their own soundtrack to accompany them as well.

I wonder how their small group discussions went and how kids felt after viewing these poetrystories?