Blog day

badge_green.gif    It’s the 3rd Annual Blog Day, and my first annual, since I don’t think I was even blogging last year at this time just yet.

In honor of that, I wanted to share an audio track made by 6 and 7 year olds at in Rachel Boyd’s class in New Zealand, about why they like blogs.

Download Video: Posted by rachelboyd at TeacherTube.com.

In honor of Blog Day, I’m asked to share five blogs I’d recommend, so here goes.

Always Learning   Kim Cofino’s blog from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as she writes about her elementary library job, after years in middle school

Chalkdust101  Patrick Higgins shares his enthusiasm for all things web 2.0

Journeys   Diane Cordell’s blog is beautifully written, and I love the quotes she finds to illustrate each post.  Check out her post about “play.”

Beyond School   Clay Burrell’s blog is bursting with energy and ideas, and his Global Cooling project is just getting off the ground and looking for participants.

K5 Tech   Margie Brown, a campus tech coordinator in our district, is a new blogger that I’d also like to recognize.

WhsCareerTech   Another new blogger in our district, Vicky Abney, our business applications teacher, started a new blog last May, and is utilizing hers this year as a daily classroom tool.

And a couple of “old” favorites 😉 that I can’t leave out–

Practical Theory   Principal Chris Lehmann’s always interesting and insightful takes into school reform.   Check out his post on why we teach.

Think: lab   Christian Long’s energetic blog often highlights the power of student bloggers.  He’s left the world of school design and is teaching this year for the first time in several years, so this looks to be fascinating reading!
Great post today on individualizing our students.

It’s hard to limit it to five, as I also want to mention so many other blogs I read regularly!   I want to thank all of the educators who take time to share their experiences so that we can all learn from them.

Happy reading!

Technorati Tags:

5 thoughts on “Blog day

1. Hi Carolyn

I came across your blog from Diane’s 5 new blogs list. Thanks for your list. I spent quite a bit of time checking out the different blogs you recommended. Well done!

Sue

2. Thanks for featuring me in your list Carolyn! I just realized that I passed my one year blog birthday a few weeks back and didn’t even notice. Time to celebrate!

3. And thanks from me too, Carolyn. 🙂 What I really love, though, eight month in to blogging myself, is how I feel like I know – in a very 21st c. way – not only you, but the others you mentioned on this post. It’s still so new and amazing.

I am snowed with the 1:1 transition and other things, and waay behind in my Reader, but look forward to more connecting soon! (And I think Kim Cofino deserves edublogger of the year! Oh no, but so does Patrick! And Christian! And…. *sigh*)

4. Thanks for including a link to our class blog and to the video/audio we made on why we like blogging 🙂
    I’m also glad that I recognise several blogs on your list… thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Rachel Boyd, New Zealand