iPads in Libraries–TXLA13

Thanks to all who joined for a discussion of iPads and libraries at the Texas Library Association conference in Fort Worth this weekend.

iPads in Libraries TXLA 2013

A list of apps I mentioned are here, along with a PDF file for easy downloading to your iPad.    And the notes from the Today’s Meet chat room during the session are here.

Another resource is the EanesWifi blog that we kept as we went through the pilot process;  it includes descriptions of our processes, interviews with teachers and students, and the evolving process of working with iPads on our campus.

As librarians, we have a role as teachers as well–demonstrating how effective instruction is not device specific–it’s about the student learning.  This is also about how the technology can help us transform into more mobile librarians–not tied to front desks, but able to be more flexible, mobile and “on the fly” in our own services to our school.   And we can help lead, by sharing our stories.   Please share yours here as well!

(I’d also like to thank Mary Woodard and TXLA for inviting me to TLA this year!  It’s an honor to be a part of the work of so many excellent librarians.)

One thought on “iPads in Libraries–TXLA13