Edublog Awards addendum part 3

When I was completing the Edublog Awards, I realized how few “new” bloggers I promote or read regularly.  (In fact, one of the things that appeals to me about the awards is that it brings so many new blogs to my attention).  Recently, this blog from the “new school librarian” Melissa Corey cut through the “internet clutter” and caught my eye.   A self-proclaimed geek with a human touch, in her profile, she beautifully describes what a “new school librarian” looks like:

Yes, I am new on the job.  But I also bring a new perspective to the job.  I see the importance of information in the lives of today’s populous.  I simply use new ways of meeting these needs.  Our collection is smaller but of higher quality.  Our facility is remodeled to be user-friendly.  Our use of technology reaches the user on their terms, on their time.  It’s a new philosophy of school librarianship.  I am a new school librarian.

For her honest and well-written accounts of her efforts as a new librarian and blogger, I’d like to honor The New School Librarian’s blog for Best New Blog in the Edublog Awards.  I look forward to reading more from her!

3 thoughts on “Edublog Awards addendum part 3

1. Carolyn,

Like you I anticipate the Edublog Awards each year knowing that I will discover fascinating blogs written by inspiring people.

Thank you for adding this nomination and introducing us to Melissa Corey. I look forward to learning more from her!

2. I just had to leave a comment (even though I just tweeted at you) that I am so honored for the nomination! It is so validating coming from you! I remember reading numerous articles and columns of yours just a few years ago in grad school! As much as I’ve struggled with blogging, I am so glad to see my words have reached someone!

Thanks again!

Melissa Corey